Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment springing leaks all over ugh - Plumber?

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry Equipment springing leaks all over ugh - Plumber?

Hello all,

I need to replace the entire multi port valve as its leaking from the top. Then as of this evening the DE filter body in the middle around the clamp is starting to drip. Literally losing my mind with all the leaks. This weekend I already patched 3 vinyl punctures and tried replacing the spider gasket but its in the middle of the valve top I think its time to replace it. Pools are a nightmare
    IG 15 X 30 Rectangle Vinyl Liner Built 1994
    Hayward DE 3620 Vertical Pro Grid
    AquaCal Heat Pump
    18K gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment springing leaks all over ugh - Plumber?

Now, now, we can fix this. (Said as I pat you on the back and reach for your wallet)

I would think about replacing your filter if all of this is going on. I am sure you can patch it together but if it is the filter from when the pool was built in 94.............

Is this your original liner? Is so WOW! It is 21 years old!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Now, now, we can fix this. (Said as I pat you on the back and reach for your wallet)

I would think about replacing your filter if all of this is going on. I am sure you can patch it together but if it is the filter from when the pool was built in 94.............

Is this your original liner? Is so WOW! It is 21 years old!

Kim
    Actually pool was built in 2004 I found out. I have a feeling pouring granule form stabilizer directly into the skimmer baskets started these issues. Pool store guy gave me bad advice. Looks like I am going to be breaking down the DE filter this weekend.
    IG 15 X 30 Rectangle Vinyl Liner Built 1994
    Hayward DE 3620 Vertical Pro Grid
    AquaCal Heat Pump
    18K gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Awwwwwwwwww so now we know who to blame! NO MORE pool store for your pool! TFP all the way from now on!

Ask any questions and someone will be able to help!

How are you testing your pool?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit