Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Don't even know what the skimmer is.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Norfolk, VA

Don't even know what the skimmer is.....

Hi everyone. My name is missinandre and I need help. My daughter got a swimming pool for making the "A" honor roll all year round and I don't even know what size it is but it is an intex vinyl pool that holds a little over 5 thousand gallons. I need to know what the skimmer is....a recommendation for a vacuum, advice for getting rid of swampy green water and....I'm preparing myself for winterizing her pool. No way am I taking it down and packing it up! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Miami, FL

Re: Don't even know what the skimmer is.....

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Don't even know what the skimmer is.....

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool!

A skimmer is a device that skims leaves and debris off the surface of the water. Intex makes one that hangs og0ver the pool wall or you can cut a hole in the side of your liner to install one.

Here are articles from Pool School about closing and opening your pool.
    Pool School - Closing (Winterizing) Your Above Ground Pool
    Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach