Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Placement of Spa Side Remote

1. Back To Top    #1

Placement of Spa Side Remote

Hi all!

I need a little advice on the placement of my spa side remote. I was going to place it inside the spa just above the water line, but the tile and the electrician both say that it usually goes on top of the coping. My buddy has one in his spa, and it is just under his coping, not on top. Any problems with this placement? I would rather do that than have it on top of the coping. I think it would just stick out there. Also, if it makes a difference, it is a Jandy product, four button.

Thanks!
    Rectangular pool 28x16 and spa 8x7, 17,000 gallons, IG, Tropics Blue Mini-Pebble, Jandy 60 DE filter, saltwater cell, Jandy VS pump, 1.5 hp Jandy spa pump, 400k heater, 5' Sheer Descent with 1 hp Jandy pump, Jandy color LED lights. Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Placement of Spa Side Remote

Google the jandy installation manual -- you will see that jandy expects it to be installed in the tile line. But either location is ok. Ask the electrician if he has read the manual.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Placement of Spa Side Remote

Perfect. Thank you!
    Rectangular pool 28x16 and spa 8x7, 17,000 gallons, IG, Tropics Blue Mini-Pebble, Jandy 60 DE filter, saltwater cell, Jandy VS pump, 1.5 hp Jandy spa pump, 400k heater, 5' Sheer Descent with 1 hp Jandy pump, Jandy color LED lights. Build Thread