Paramount In-Floor Cleaning with Goldline Pro Logic Timer

Aug 9, 2015
Macon, GA
Hi-

I own my first pool, which was in the house I purchased, and know very little about them, but I am learning. I have a Paramount in-floor cleaning system. I was told it didn't work, so I had a technician come out, and he replaced a module or something for a couple hundred dollars. Since that time, I noticed the jets would pop up and push the debris around. They seem to do a decent job when they are on, but...

... the jets are not on when my pool is in "Spillover" mode. And, the Goldline Pro Logic timer turns the pool on in "Spillover" mode rather than "Pool" mode. I searched the internet and went through the directions for the controller, but I am not finding a method that would let me tell the timer to turn on in "Pool" mode instead of "Spillover" mode. The only options on the timer menu are T1-All (which is set from 9am to 9pm), T2-All (which is off), and Spa-All (which is off).

So, I have 2 questions:
- Is it normal/likely that the Paramount in-ground cleaning system would not work in spillover mode, but would only work in pool mode?
- Can I get my timer to turn the system on in pool mode instead of spillover mode?

I am assuming I have a single-speed pump based on the timer directions, since the timer menu doesn't have "Hi" or "Lo" options. There are 2 pumps around my system but I've only ever seen one of them run, so I'm thinking maybe one broke and they hooked up a new one but never took away the old one. Or maybe the other one has something to do with the gas heater, which is currently inoperable.

When the system is running in pool mode, the sand filter (? like a big propane tank) has a pressure of 15 and the Paramount system has a pressure of 10.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

Oh, one more question. There are 2 baskets outside of my pool. One of them is always empty, and one of them (closest to the drain for the Paramount system) is always full of big things like pine needles, leaves, etc. I am assuming the Paramount drain (about 12 feet down in the deep end of the pool) is sucking up this debris and putting it in the basket, but I don't know how. When I pick up the basket, there are 2 drain holes at the bottom, and the only way for debris to get into the basket seems to be the return or whatever you call the slot in the side of the pull. So, I'm trying to figure out how the Paramount system would suck up the debris at the bottom of the pull and get it into the basket without a slot I can see where it would pump it into the basket. I am asking this because I want to be sure there is nothing else I should be cleaning. I have looked all around the pool, and have not found anything else that seems to be collecting pool debris.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Don

The prologic controller allows you to configure for spillover mode or pool mode. Also, it has a floor cleaner mode which switch between the floor cleaner and one of the other modes. Just read the instructions in the manual which can be found here:

Manuals | Resources - Hayward Pool Products

Is it normal/likely that the Paramount in-ground cleaning system would not work in spillover mode, but would only work in pool mode?
Yes.

- Can I get my timer to turn the system on in pool mode instead of spillover mode?
Yes, it is described in the manual but I can't point you to a specific manual page because I don't know the model# of your controller and when you got it.

Thank you very much. I have an ProLogic PL-PS-8. I had looked at the manual online last night but must have either picked the wrong one, or ignored the configuration section because I couldn't access anything in that menu and thought the option I was looking for was in the timer menu. After re-reviewing the manual, I saw what looked like a potential option. I searched the internet and figured out how to get in the locked configuration menu (hold the right and left arrows down for 5 seconds), and think I have it set now. We will see tomorrow!

Thank you again,
Don

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.