DIG 220 Check System Light

Pool details below (I think) . Replaced the cell at the end of last Summer (Summer, 2014).

Getting the red flashing light. All filters, baskets and strainers clear. All connections solid.

Intermittent "Low Amps. Cell?" message coming on.

I just ordered a new AutoPilot Pool Pilot Cell Cable 12' f/ Digital & Soft Touch Models - 952-ST/DIG since I didn't replace it when I replaced the cell.

Also, the flow coming out of the returns seems very low. Never seen that before.

Any thoughts on what else I need to check?

Thanks for the help.

Rush
Columbia, TN

18' x 36' inground w/ vinyl liner
Aprx 26,000 Gallons
Mustang Pump - 1.5 HP
3/4 booster for pressure side cleaner
Polaris 360 cleaner
Millennium Filter
Autopilot Dig 220 SWG

Welcome! :wave:

It sounds like you may have a clogged filter. Regardless of whether the SWG is on or of or flashing lights, the pump and filter should still push out the same water they always have. What is the filter pressure, and what is it normally?

If you have good flow through the pipes, I wouldn't be surprised if the SWG spontaneously heals.

Looks like it is settling in @ 17-18 PSI. That's about normal, after a backwash, which I did Friday night. Initially, the flow looks good in the pool. However, the check light did start flashing and said to clean the cell. Chlorine production is at 88%. I'll give it a little bit and see if the flow changes or if the message on the SWG changes.

If it were low flow, the unit will usually say low flow or no flow and it will not produce. There is a screen in the union. Check the screen to make sure that it's clear.

Low amps means that it's generating, but not at full value.

It could be a scaled cell, a bad cell, wrong cell type selected in setup, a bad power cord to the cell, low temperature or low salt.

I would suspect a bad cord as the most likely cause. Second would be scale. Third would be wrong cell type selected.

What are the actual salt level and the box reading?

What readings do you get when you do "Test Pool Pilot"?

What cell do you have and what cell type is selected in setup?

Skimmer basket had a little in it, now cleaned. Pump filter had a little, cleaned anyways. The screen close to the salt cell is clear as well.

Turbulence coming out of the return in the shallow end appears to look normal. Since I've discovered this problem, it seems to look normal for a while, and then not.

When I checked the skimmer basket, there wasn't much turbulence. So, upon restarting, I closed the main drain and forced everything through the skimmer. If that area is clogged, hopefully, putting all of the pressure on that area will hopefully clear that out. Upon restarting, there was no red light. That may indicated that the main drain is the problem, so I will switch the valves in a little bit, using the same theory.

Regarding the Pump filter, it is about 3/4 full of water, with lots of turbulence at the top. I'll check that in a bit, after everything primes up, to see if it is full. It was full earlier today, before I started cleaning stuff. It was 99% full, with 1 big air bubble being pushed around by the turbulence.

Readings from the SWG

Salt 2900 PPM, add 22 lbs
Temp 85 deg (probably accurate - its about 91 deg air temp here today)
Cell = 26V 3.0A
Purifier 88%
Software v4.40
Cell select = SC-36
Power Level 1
One Speed Pump
26500 gal
reverse = 4hrs
temp adj 0
salt adj 0
freeze protect enabled

Cell used is a RC 35/22.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.