Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak??? Bucket test first step??

1. Back To Top    #1

Leak??? Bucket test first step??

Hello All,
    Here in central Florida, I needed to add more salt and stabilizer to my pool recently. We've had lots of rain and I thought it's evaporating pretty quickly, but then my salt level and stabilizer level have gone down. Those shouldn't go down with evaporation.
    Looking for tips to fine the leak.

Thanks in advance.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leak??? Bucket test first step??

bucket test is the very first step. It will either confirm or deny, that you have a leak.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have been dealing with the same nightmare but with a vinyl pool. Do you have a light fixture in the pool? If so that is a big thing to look into a leak behind the light. That is where my leaks started now I have others to deal with . But yes process of elimination. With the light it was a process of letting the water leak until after the light was exposed then we found it there behind it. Baby steps.

4. Back To Top    #4

No leak. Warm water temps.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

If you've been getting a lot of rain, then Im assuming the extra water is going out of teh pool via an overflow or by pumping it out?
    If so, that could account for the depletion.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!