How to adjust Electric Valves

fmrock

Mar 24, 2009
I have a pool with an attached spa that overflows into the pool.

the pool company set it up so that 75% of the water is returned into the spa creating a nice big over flow.

The valve that controls this has a Jandy jva 2444 electric valve. Is there a way to adjust this so that the waterfall is not so dramatic?

There is a cam inside of the motorized unit that sits on top of the valve. You have to take it apart but you will see that these cams can be easily set for any opening you wish.

Here is the documentation on how to do it.

Adjusting the cams isn't difficult, but it can be confusing. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't explain the process very well. You should be able to see where the cams are by reading the manual. By moving the correct cam slightly you can change where the valve stops. As you adjust the cam you need to switch the switch back and forth to see where the automatic rotation stops, and then adjust the cam some more till it stops where you want it to stop.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Should i use my remote control to swtich from pool to spa mode to test.

If so, do i completely have to put the covers back on before I do this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.