my summer escape pool 15 x 36

Aug 9, 2015
Lexington, VA
I bought my pool at walmart in June. The water has been excellent till I scrubed it with a brush an vacuumed it the other day. Then it rained after I had added shock an clorine tablets. Now it is some what green an cloudy looking. So I added a cup an half of borax hoping to clear the water up. But it didnt do the job at all. Please help.

Thanks,
Rita

Welcome to TFP and congrats on your new pool. Here at TFP we don't recommend you use Chlorine tablets we use bleach or liquid chlorine. It seems like you having a algae breakout
Do you already have one of the recommended test kits TF100 or taylor K-2006? If not you definitely need to get one.

You will want to know your water chemistry before you can move forward to correct this problem by SLAMMING your pool http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl. Also please complete your signature so we know what equipment you running.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School and learn the purpose of Clorox.

Then, for about $15.00 you can drain and refill that pool cheaper than about anything else and start over.

Each day, you should add about 24 oz of clorox to your pool and it will be fine the rest of the summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.