Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: my summer escape pool 15 x 36

1. Back To Top    #1

Lexington, VA

my summer escape pool 15 x 36

I bought my pool at walmart in June. The water has been excellent till I scrubed it with a brush an vacuumed it the other day. Then it rained after I had added shock an clorine tablets. Now it is some what green an cloudy looking. So I added a cup an half of borax hoping to clear the water up. But it didnt do the job at all. Please help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lexington Park MD

Re: my summer escape pool 15 x 36

Welcome to TFP and congrats on your new pool. Here at TFP we don't recommend you use Chlorine tablets we use bleach or liquid chlorine. It seems like you having a algae breakout
    Do you already have one of the recommended test kits TF100 or taylor K-2006? If not you definitely need to get one.

You will want to know your water chemistry before you can move forward to correct this problem by SLAMMING your pool Also please complete your signature so we know what equipment you running.
    6280 Gal Intex 17' x 52" Metal Frame AG
    2500 GPH Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal clear SWG
    Taylor K-2005 With FAS-DPD Drop TEST KIT And Speedstir
    Intex Robot Pool Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Rita, Earl has given you the 411.

I'll just add that borax is in no way a pool disinfectant. We do need a full set a reliable test results to guide you in dealing with this algae outbreak.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School and learn the purpose of Clorox.

Then, for about $15.00 you can drain and refill that pool cheaper than about anything else and start over.

Each day, you should add about 24 oz of clorox to your pool and it will be fine the rest of the summer
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School