New pool in south Florida !

Yes my hubby checked them last night. First thing he did lol. And than he's like it looks small. Here we go. This is the size pool he wanted. I just know he's going to ask the PB to make it bigger. I told him our PB probably hates him lol. He changes everything. First 1000 sf of deck wasn't big enough for him so now 1300 sf.

Yes my hubby checked them last night. First thing he did lol. And than he's like it looks small. Here we go. This is the size pool he wanted. I just know he's going to ask the PB to make it bigger. I told him our PB probably hates him lol. He changes everything. First 1000 sf of deck wasn't big enough for him so now 1300 sf.

Honestly I had the same reaction when I saw the pin/paint part of my pool and I did make mine slightly bigger. Now that it is dug out and there is concrete it seems way bigger! The funny thing is the deck looked bigger on the grass but when it was getting done it looked smaller. How is that possible? Anyway what I recommend is figure out what kind of furniture you want to put around your pool and figure out where you want to put it. That will help you decide where it would be nice to have more deck or where you have deck that isn't needed as much. Of course more is always better but if you have to take from some area to make another bigger that might be worthwhile to do now. Keep in mind now is the time to make changes before the dig. After that changes become much more difficult.

Ok so we are adding a 5'x17' sunshelf with three bubblers. I was surprised that it didn't add that much cost to the pool. It's not too small now! We are still going to have the same 1300ft of decking. Good thing we have the yard for it. Dig is scheduled for Monday. Yes I said Monday the PB said his guys want to work on Labor Day! That's amazing in south Florida lol.

The sunshelf sounds like a great last minute addition. Whose idea?

Well I wanted one but also didn't want to give up swiming area so I opted out in the beginning. So it was reallly my other half idea. It much bigger than what I had in mind in the beginning stages of planing. The bubblers are all me. He didn't think we needed them. But I told him if we are going add a sunshelf I want the price on them too. Might as well we can't add them after. The grandkids will love them.

So he took your idea, you made him think it was his idea and then made it better. Perfect plan.

Lol too funny. My hubby doesn't need any help he does a good job all by himself! I knew when he drew out the plans for the add sunshelf it didn't matter how much it was. He wants it he getting it lol. Which is fine by me. Work are play hard.

- - - Updated - - -

All women know you have to plant a seed and it will grow lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My wife planted the seed of a basketball hoop. It grew into a 900 sq. ft. brick paver court in the back yard where our pool was going to go. Oops.

Can't wait to see the dig! Not long now.

Plan revisions done and sent off to the engineering for approval. Should have them back Tuesday. Than off to the city. They are diging Monday, than the steel goes in. With any luck my hubby can have the plans back from the city so we can get the inspection done wedseday or Thursday. I must say the PB is on top of our project, steel and some of the equipment and piping was delivered Tuesday. Rock delver yesterday. Hope the build goes smoothly. Things are starting to happen now:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.