Loosing suction when vacuuming ? Picture

Aug 9, 2015
Ontario,Canada
Hello
pool is getting more of green stuff on floor ,and when using normal vacum keep losing suction from skimmer - but when change setting on filter to waste ,suction stays on skimmer .

secondly is it normal to have these many air bubbles on these jets in pic .

Hello Mastero,

If you could put your pool, pump filter info in your signature, it will help our resident guru's help you with your problem.

First thing that pops to mind, depending on type of filter is possibly the spider gasket on your filter valve. Hard to know without info

oh.... Welcome to TFP :wave:

Two issues I think.

1. You are "losing suction" because you have clogged your filter....it's loaded withe the junk you are vacuuming up just like it is supposed to. Clean it out.
It works in the "waste" position because you bypass the filter.

2. I think you are trying to clear an algae laden pool with your filter.....that doesn't work. You must kill the algae first so none returns to your pool. You do that with proper water chemistry....You likely need to SLAM the pool.
secondly is it normal to have these many air bubbles on these jets in pic
No. I think you have a suction side air leak, unrelated to your issues above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.