Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Coleman Steal Pool Owner here....this is a great site full of solid info for me !

1. Back To Top    #1

New Coleman Steal Pool Owner here....this is a great site full of solid info for me !

Hello Members and Staff,
    I am a 3 daughter Father with way to much daily duties on my plate! So I did what all crazy Parents do when there in my Shoes added a Pool to care for also..
    Look forward to meeting everyone thanks for having me!
    JD

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Coleman Steal Pool Owner here....this is a great site full of solid info for

Welcome to TFP jaydog,
    With 3 daughters and 2 sons, I can promise you it will be FAR easier to manage the pool , and that's with my wife doing most of the heavy lifting.

I was probably "the Disneyland dad"

Anyway first things first, post your pool info in your sig, get a good test kit, read as much as you can in pool school, post your test numbers and post away
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Coleman Steal Pool Owner here....this is a great site full of solid info for

Welcome to TFP!

Have you checked out Pool School? There you will find clues to what many have found to be the most cost effective pool maintenance method.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey there Jaydog Welcome! How old are your three girls? You might consider how beneficial it is to them to learn pool care and what it provides them.

The testing is a dabbling into chemistry and math, right?? The brushing is like physical ed class (do they even do that anymore? I dunno). Shopping for the best source and price on chlorine is like a consumer ed and math class...

So...just consider the pool a school project in the works. Have fun with the homework!!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Hey there Jaydog Welcome! How old are your three girls? You might consider how beneficial it is to them to learn pool care and what it provides them.

The testing is a dabbling into chemistry and math, right?? The brushing is like physical ed class (do they even do that anymore? I dunno). Shopping for the best source and price on chlorine is like a consumer ed and math class...

So...just consider the pool a school project in the works. Have fun with the homework!!!
    sneaky way of educating skippy
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir