Slippery liner

Jul 5, 2015
Leland/NC
Hey guys
My pool liner is slippery, which from what I've read it could the start of an algae bloom.
I missed a couple of days of adding bleach. The water is still clear though. I changed the filter and doubled my usual bleach dose.
I don't have a test kit yet (going to invest in one soon)

Anyway should I do anything else before it turns into a swamp?
Brush the walls maybe?

Some diluted bleach and a scrub brush.

You still need at least a basic OTO / pH drop test kit if you are going to follow the Seasonal Guide. The good test kits make maintenance a lot easier though.

No idea what TB is. And strips are so unreliable, we would not make recommendations based on them anyway.

For example, if the TA was really 0 ... then the pH would have to be in the 4s. Clearly one of those numbers is wrong.

No idea what TB is. And strips are so unreliable, we would not make recommendations based on them anyway.

For example, if the TA was really 0 ... then the pH would have to be in the 4s. Clearly one of those numbers is wrong.

Total Bromine. And that's exactly what I said lol.
Anyway my FC is 10 according to this which makes sense since I just dumped 20 Oz of bleach in the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Bleh....screw it. I'm draining and refilling. Ordering a test kit asap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.