Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: nature2 vision pro Chlorine???

1. Back To Top    #1

nature2 vision pro Chlorine???

Hey All,

I have a brand new pool and we got the nature2 vision Pro Aboveground mineral sanitizing system.
    There are 2 parts, a place for the mineral cartridge, and a place for the chlorine.
    The pool package came with the mineral cartridge but I cant for the life of me figure out what type of chlorine to put in!
    It says Tri-Chlor Only but the instructions for the unit say to use a Z-Pak???
    Is the Z-Pak just a special name for the housing of the chlorine and I use regular Tri-Chlor tabs? Or is that something different.

Please help I'm clueless and getting very stressed and confused!
    Quantum Above Ground 24' round 54' high
    2hp pump Vision Nature2 mineral filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: nature2 vision pro Chlorine???

Likely Z-Pak is just their way of overcharging for trichlor.

Generally TFP does not recommend the exclusive use of trichlor (due to the rising stabilizer levels and correspondingly needed high FC levels ... see the FC/CYA Chart.

We also DEFINITELY do not recommend using any sort of mineral packs which introduce metal into your water which can result in green hair and staining your pool.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Here is an article from Pool School discussing mineral packs.
    Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

We are definitely fans of plain old chlorine here. Either saltwater or liquid chlorine/bleach.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Columbia, SC

I guess all I can add is welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon