Backfilling/Landscaping HELP!!!

Aug 5, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hello All!
First time pool owner and I am clueless.
We had a 24 ft round Quantam Resin Pool installed about a week or so ago by Pool City.
Our yard is sloped so we had to have 36" excavated from one side down to the level portion where we have the pump and steps.
they told us that once the pool was filled that we should cover the bottom rails with 6 in of dirt at a 45 degree angle.
I would like to put approx. 18" of river rock around the base of the pool to create a barrier between the grass and the pool so we don't have a weed issue and don't have to mow close to the pool. I also figured this would give it a clean look and cut down on erosion of the sand etc since our yard is sloped.
I have looked at a few dozen forums and pics etc. and no one has mentioned putting dirt back around the pool.
What should I do?
If I put the 6 in of dirt then cover with landscape fabric or weed blocker and then cover with river rock will it be too high?
Can I skip backfilling the dirt and just use rock?? either way I think I will need an edger around the perimeter of the rock bed to keep them contained
Please help.

Britt

Very valid reasons. You do NOT want to take any chances of that happening.

How about you do this for us? Take a few pics. Use photobucket or such and share them with us so we can see what you have. I am sure someone here will have some neat ideas.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.