Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy aqualink randomly turning on spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy aqualink randomly turning on spa

Noticed the spa was on the other day, and it said it was on cooldown. Three hours on still cooling down, even though the heater was not on. Reset the breakers and it stopped.

Today, spa was on again, again 'cooling down', and the aux spa jets were randomly turning on and off.

So, this is weird. Any thoughts?

x gallon
    IG, pebble-Tech
    Jandy DE filter
    x HP pump
    Installed 2007
    Spa and swim jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy aqualink randomly turning on spa

RS or Z4?

I had an issue with my Z4 not turning my VSP on. At first it would only happen on accessions every 3 months or so since my build in 2013. Then in May of this year started happening every day. I could only get the unit to 'fix' itself with a breaker reset. But that would only last sometimes a day and sometimes the pump would just shut off on its own while the screen still said the pump was on. I thought it would be a bad relay or PCB inside the Z4 controller box but as it turns out it was the onboard user interface that was bad. It was not sending the signal properly to the PCB. My pool is still under warranty so the service tech kept changing things out until it solved the issue. Hope that helps.
    15'x35' IG 16,500 gallons w/attached raised 18" spa continuous coping w/underneath spill and ledger stone wrapped, NPT mini pebble aqua blue w/2x pigment & abalone shell finish, 2"x24" travertine coping, 3x Jandy Color LED lights (2 in pool), Jandy Flo Pro 2HP VS pump, Jandy LXI (low NOx) 400K BTU heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG, Jandy Z4 automation with iAqualink and remote poolside PDA, 1,300 sqft Belgard Catalina paver deck with drainage, fire pit that matches the spa with travertine coping and wrapped in ledger stone, Elitewood insulated patio cover, Vinyl gates, back vinyl fence coming soon...