Aquabot Turbo T vs Aquabot Turbo T2

Jul 6, 2011
Does anyone know the functional or feature differences between the Turbo T and the Turbo T2 (priced at $350 more)?

The T2 has split roller brushes at front and back, which probably makes a difference to maneuvering - but the web site makes no claims about improved cleaning, or speed of the T2 compared with the T.

All I can tell you is I have the Turbo T, I bought it at a great price a few months ago off ebay as an open box special, otherwise I too was considering the Turbo T2, or Turbo T2 RC. Overall I am very happy with my Turbo T, except for one incident where the tracks at the power cord, this made a big tangled mess, and rubbed a fair amount of the foam rubber off the cord. I have previously owned Dolphin robots, and find my Turbo T cleans better and is much faster than those older Dolphins. If you look at the Aquabot web page you will see that the split track robots like the Turbo T2 use a completely different walk pattern from the single tracks like the Turbo T, where the Turbo T uses long slight arcing paths, and the Turbo T2 does a much more square grid approach with 90 degree pivots. Personally I wish mine had the RC remote option, but not enough to pay double the price I paid on my ebay deal.

Ike

p.s. I get the impression that Aquabot may be discontinuing the Turbo T as a lot of dealers are no longer listing it, my guess is it is just a question of too small of step up from the classic, or too little of step down from the Turbo T2, either way I think the water jets on the Turbo models are a great feature.

I would stay away from Aquabot products, unless you can find one of their commercial products (aquamaxx) at a decent price. I had an Aquamaxx for about 3 years, average use, maybe twice a week for about 5 months every year. Had a pump motor go out the first year, right out or warranty, but the manufacturer fixed it for free and the whole experience was decent. Last year, it died, sent it for repair, total estimate was 600, to replace the drive motor, and some other plastic parts. Again though, as I was dealing with the commercial division, it was an OK experience, they would call me and so on. I decided to buy an Aquabot Turbo, which was esentially the same as the Aquamaxx I had, it died last week, pump motor failed ($250 part) Oddly enough, it is again just right out of the full warranty, so i have to pay for labor and who knows what. The wait on the phone to get an RMA was unacceptable, 30+ min, without knowing how long it will take to get my call answered, it will take around 3 weeks to get it back, and the repairs of the residential Aquabots are now done by another company, not the manufacturer. Beyond disappointing.

Adding my $.02, I can't speak to the difference between the two models, but I am completely happy with my Turbo T. It does an amazing job of cleaning my pool.

I've only had it a few months, so I can't speak to it's longevity. It seems fairly well put together though, and without a lot of pieces to it, I think would be fairly easy to repair should I need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.