Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re: Liquid chlorine calculator

1. Back To Top    #1
    Ocean Springs, MS

Re: Liquid chlorine calculator

Moderator note - Moved from here: Liquid chlorine calculator - Page 2

Hi, I have a 26 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame pool and just filled with well water. Can someone advise what to do in order to get pool water clear? Husband is heading to pool place as we speak have on order a TF 100 test kit hope to be here early next week. Any help with this matter is appreciated. Water is transparent green...
    AG 12x24x52 Intex Ultra fram Vinyl, 8405 gallons, Intex 1600 GPH Sand filter, Intex SWG, Hard piped W/ pvc, Hydro Pro wide mouth skimmer, Intex magnetized lights x2. Setting up in August, 2016! Mississippi Gulfcoast, Ocean Springs, MS. - Kpierron

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Liquid chlorine calculator

I would call him and tell him not to buy anything just yet. We need a little more information and they are just going to sell him a bunch of stuff that probably won't work.

What have you done to the water after you filled the pool? List anything you have added.

Do you have any test kit at all now?

Transparent green is usually an indication of metals. Have you ever had your well water tested? What does it contain?

Check out this article : Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains

Additionally Take a look at this thread from a couple of months ago regarding iron - Iron Filter

If he does come home with stuff the pool store sold him, blessed list it here and wait for comments before you add it. Chemicals are always easy to add to the pool, difficult to remove!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon