Slimy pool wall and bottom but clear water.

Jul 1, 2015
manhattan/Kansas
We have a 24ft x 52 inch round AGP. Yesterday we vacuumed the pool on pump to waste, then added fresh water, once it got back to the water level we backed washed it. Checked the levels and this is what we got. We use 6-way test kit.

TA-110
PH-7.5
TC-0.5
CYA-25

I don't know why it feels slimy? The water is actually crystal clear. The pool gets full sun and we let the pump run all day until we go to bed, then we turn it back on when we get up the next morning. We added a little more stabilizer to the pool, I am guessing that's why our chlorine level isn't holding, since we get full sun and the CYA level is 25.

Your chlorine level is too low for your CYA level, so algae can grow. Likely you should follow the SLAM process, which is going to need a better test kit with the FAS-DPD chlorine test.

It sounds like your pool is on the verge of an algae outbreak. Slimy surfaces are just one indication. To combat algae, we do a "SLAM" via Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain. To SLAM you MUST have the proper test kit to read the FC and CC levels as needed. I don't believe your 6-way kit will provide FC readings needed at 10 or above. Here are the test kit links for your convenience:
TFTestkits.net
Pool School - Test Kits Compared
SO read the SLAM page carefully and let us know if you have any questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.