Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: baracuda keeps getting stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

baracuda keeps getting stuck

i have a baracuda G3 (or some very very similar model, not exactly sure as it came with the house we purchased).

lately it keeps getting stuck on our floor drain. i can't figure out if it is physically catching on something or if the suction from the drain is "catching" it, however i have tried turning off the flow from the floor drain and routing it primarily through the skimmers and it still gets caught up.

several months ago i had to change the internal diaphragm thing on the baracuda because mine got torn. but other than that it has worked fine up until recently. i can't figure out what is wrong with it. any ideas??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: baracuda keeps getting stuck

anyone? :/

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Wildomar, California

Is the blue suction pad worn down? That will make it stick also

4. Back To Top    #4

sorry, when i said internal diaphragm in the first post, i was referring to the suction pad. i used the wrong term, heh. so that is not very old.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Sydney, Australia

if it is a raised main drain and it is catching on the edge of the drain you can try aiming a return line towards the main drain so when the cleaner goes over the drain the water returning will help push the cleaner along.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

6. Back To Top    #6

hmm, ok. i might give that a shot. there are a couple returns nearby but not sure if i can get the right angle on them.

i don't understand why it would start doing this all the sudden, when for over a year this never happened.

7. Back To Top    #7

welp, i've tried aiming the returns towards the main drain but it hasn't helped. the dang thing still gets stuck.