Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sunshine Acres

1. Back To Top    #1

Sunshine Acres

Hi. I'm new to the forum and a new pool owner. We have never owned a pool before. We got a 12 x 20 Intex Easy set pool. We are almost done filling it. Started filling it last night then turned the water off and are finishing the fill now. It looks disgusting so I will be posting a question shortly.
    We live in Michigan in the country, have 3 dogs, three cats and two horses. There's a large swimming pond at our place, but when I swim in it I smell like a fish afterward, which is why we got the pool. lol

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sunshine Acres

Welcome, and we await your questions. Please put it in the appropriate forum that applies.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

Are you filling from a well? Or from the pond?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello, I just joined TFP as well. I also am a first time pool owner. The posters here are great and are so helpful. Good luck to you and see on the forums.

Megan
    f18 ft 48 in deep, 7600 gallon, round above ground vinyl pool. Hayward pump, sand filter. First time pool owner. Proud owner of a brand new TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Welcome!

Are you filling from a well? Or from the pond?
    I made a separate thread for my question and posted test results. What we now realize is that the frost free spigot outside by the chicken coop is probably coming from that pond OR we reached the bottom of the well, which I don't understand how that would happen, but that water out of that spigot is disgusting.
    We drained the pool and started over with water from the house spigot. We have a water softener system, but I'm not sure if that spigot is hooked up to it. At the very least, it should be filtered. I really don't know since this system was in place before we moved in.

We are filling from the well and we have a water softener system, but I'm not sure if the spigot is treated by the softener system.
    Here's a link to the thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ltwater-system