Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Tablets

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Tablets

Not sure where this post goes but I am out of tablets nd have a good month and a half left of pools season. I live in Iowa so I can continue making trips to the store to get tablets till I dont have any over the winter or get a big bucket. My question I guess is leaving the tablets in the cold garage over the winter going to make the tablets less effective next summer?
    28' Above Ground Pool, 20,000 Gallons
    Sand Filter"
    Model #AC16985
    Pool built in July 2012
    Clinton, Iowa

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Chlorine Tablets

Keep them dry and they'll last forever.

(makes me wonder what your cya level is though). Any idea?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Wellllllllll most of us here at TFP do not use tablets on a daily bases. They add CYA and that can cause problems as it builds up over time.

I do have tables aka pucks so I can use them when I got out of town. So long as I keep them dry they seem to last a long time. I only buy a few at time so am not sure how long they last.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    NW Ohio

Trichlor that is in a sealed container will keep fresh for a very long time, several years based on personal experience. It is moisture that you want to most avoid with trichlor storage.

-insert liquid chlorine vs trichlor discussion here-

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    East of Royals country western MO

If your testing your water regularly, I would just buy bleach and use it to finish the summer. I also wonder what your CYA level is
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir