I am hoping to get some sage advice as I begin to better understand my pool chemistry. I am looking to break my dependency on the local pool store and begin a proper education in these forums. They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step…so here is mine…chlorine.
We had some great weather, hot days and warm evenings. We had few cool evenings and i had the solar cover on for a few days. Little did I know that my chlorine levels were steadily climbing. I had some algae growth and shocked the pool three days ago. Now I find myself with elevated chlorine levels and I don't know what to do to bring them down. I know that the sun will begin burning off the chlorine but not enough in time for my planned BBQ today.
The current readings are:
- Total Chlorine: 10.3
- Free Chlorine: 9.6
I am considering using some BioGuard Chem Out to reduce the levels in order to swim this afternoon? Does anyone have some advice with this product or other recommendations?
Is my pool un-swimmable in its current state?