Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to anchor pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

How to anchor pool cover

Hi,
    We have an above ground pool (18x34 Desert Spring by Doughboy) where half of the pool has deck access and the other have does not. We are trying to sort out the best way to anchor/hold down the pool cover. For the side where the deck meets the edge of the pool, we are planning on using the long water tubes along the deck edge. But on the side with no deck, should we be anchoring it with hanging plastic clorox jugs filled with water? Or some other option. Since the deck goes up tight to the pool on the one side, I don't think we can use the wire/winch.

Thanks in advance.
    Ferris

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to anchor pool cover

When I use my cover, it is with the bleach jug method. I also have a deck that is flush to the edge of the pool, and I place water filled jugs on the cover. Seems to work even with the 20 - 25mph winds we get here.

I've had the cover blown off using the wire/winch before the deck sections were built.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to anchor pool cover

Good to hear others use the jug method. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do something incorrectly. Thanks.