Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: After 22 years, so much to learn!

1. Back To Top    #1

After 22 years, so much to learn!

Greetings,

I've been a pool owner in northeast PA for 22 years, a lifegaurd/pool cleaner/water tester before that, and I thought I knew it all. Turns out I had relatively little knowledge and probably a whole lot of luck. Lately some persistent problems drove me to seek out this forum and I am finding out how little I really knew. Now I'm learning the science and benefiting from the community experience and knowledge.

So, thank you all, and I look forward to an education to help free me from future pool troubles.

-R
    29,085.1 gal inground grecian vinyl, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Dolphin Nautilus Plus (aka Agador Spartacus), Taylor K-2006 kit, nice pool brush, crappy leaf net, frogs

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: After 22 years, so much to learn!

Welcome to TFP! If there's anything we can assist you with, just let us know. Enjoy the site.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

been in your shoes and I knew------NOTHING!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Greetings,

I've been a pool owner in northeast PA for 22 years, a lifegaurd/pool cleaner/water tester before that, and I thought I knew it all. Turns out I had relatively little knowledge and probably a whole lot of luck. Lately some persistent problems drove me to seek out this forum and I am finding out how little I really knew. Now I'm learning the science and benefiting from the community experience and knowledge.

So, thank you all, and I look forward to an education to help free me from future pool troubles.

-R
    Welcome to TFP, and I'm glad you found us. Hats off to you for having an open mind after all the years of already knowing "it all". Good luck on fixing your issues, and don't be shy about asking for help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

R! Nice to meet you! You will learn MORE than you ever thought there was about pools here! It is fun and so empowering! With TFP you will never need to go to the pool store again!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks like I'm gonna have to put in a little overtime in on this one!

(really just trying to figure out how to embed rather than upload/attach pics)
    -R
    29,085.1 gal inground grecian vinyl, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Dolphin Nautilus Plus (aka Agador Spartacus), Taylor K-2006 kit, nice pool brush, crappy leaf net, frogs

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    been in your shoes and I knew------NOTHING!
    Almost everyone on this site was wearing those shoes at one time.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Welcome, that orange in your giant hot tub may give you a problem
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

Almost everyone on this site was wearing those shoes at one time.
    +1. Welcome!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).