Found hole in my liner deep end easy or need diver?

With a mask only, it is a real problem to stay down deep....you are too buoyant. In 7 feet of water, you can give it a try but I think you need scuba.

I had my wife hold me to the bottom in four feet so I could inspect something. She used the leaf net pole and enjoyed it wa-a-a-y too much

Go buy a weight vest or make one so you don't float. You could possibly even find a scuba shop near you and rent a weight belt for pretty cheap, but now you are going to ahve to work in 30 sec incriments unless you can hold your breath longer...

If you explain what you are doing and ask nicely and be willing to sign any forms they require, they MIGHT even let you rent a tank and regulator but usually this is not done unless you are certified. IF they have a SNUBA rig they would likely rent that to you.

You could search ebay Scuba Diving Sherwood Genesis 1st 2nd Stage Regulator | eBay or Craigslist for a used regulator and then tell the scuba shop you need a tank for charging an air rifle or paintball gun and they may rent it to you. If you are willing to fib to them.

don't do anything dumb like trying to use an air compressor.

I ended up accomplishing it going down there placing it on and then back and forth working it on. Its not a great seal im sure but a seal never the less. I did not fold it as a taco that was impossible so just went down and placed it over then worked at it. Patched 3 holes no idea how 2 puncture holes dime size were created after just fixing a leak behind the light fixture. Bought a new vac head in case that was the cause. What a pain in the neck :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.