CYA Issues

Texgal

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Boerne, Texas
Moderator comment - Moved from here: CYA 152 Should I Add Optimize or Stablizer

Hello,

After fighting high CYA for a year, we finally had so much rain, the pool was practically refilled. Right after the rains my CYA was around 40. On this weeks test it appears I have no CYA. Using the black dot test and did it three times. My pool is eating chlorine, I've been having to add a gallon every day this week (yes, it should have been a clue). Our pool temp is 95 degrees! I have a little algae in two corners, so I'm starting a slam. Should I add stabilizer first? Any preference to the brand of stabilizer?

Thank you in advance, I couldn't do this without everyone sharing their knowledge.

Re: CYA 152 Should I Add Optimize or Stablizer

Where are you located? If your screen name indicates Texas(?) you'll find it difficult/impossible to maintain SLAM levels of FC without any stabilizer, given the amount of sunlight on the pool. I don't think the brand matters, just check label for cyanuric acid (and no other mystery ingredients).

Hi Texgal,
add enough CYA to get to 30ppm, and slam away.

Brand doesnt matter.

Moderator comment - Moved from here: CYA 152 Should I Add Optimize or Stablizer

Hello,

After fighting high CYA for a year, we finally had so much rain, the pool was practically refilled. Right after the rains my CYA was around 40. On this weeks test it appears I have no CYA. Using the black dot test and did it three times. My pool is eating chlorine, I've been having to add a gallon every day this week (yes, it should have been a clue). Our pool temp is 95 degrees! I have a little algae in two corners, so I'm starting a slam. Should I add stabilizer first? Any preference to the brand of stabilizer?

Thank you in advance, I couldn't do this without everyone sharing their knowledge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.