Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner.

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner.

Hello everyone, my name is Megan. I am a single mom to three beautiful children. We recently, one month ago today, moved into our first home, it is wonderful house in a great neighborhood with lots of kids. The backyard completely drew me to the house. There is a beautiful deck attached to the back of the house and a nice deep flat backyard, and WE HAVE A POOL!!!! It is an 18 foot round 4' deep above ground, with a hayward pump and a sand filter. I ordered my TF-100 test kit and received it 3 days ago. I came across this site because I have had some unfortunate troubles with the pool, which I will post under the correct thread. The knowledge and information I have gathered from this site is invaluable. I am looking forward to learning from you all as I continue to enjoy this new hobby.

Thanks,
    Megan
    f18 ft 48 in deep, 7600 gallon, round above ground vinyl pool. Hayward pump, sand filter. First time pool owner. Proud owner of a brand new TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool owner.

Welcome to TFP!

Let us know how we can help you get swimming.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Megan and kids! Very happy to have you with us. We'll look for your other threads as well. TF-100 ...
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I just posted my current problem in the algae thread.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
    f18 ft 48 in deep, 7600 gallon, round above ground vinyl pool. Hayward pump, sand filter. First time pool owner. Proud owner of a brand new TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome Maredd How exciting for your kids to have a pool now! We'll all help you get it fixed up
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain