High PH

I need to add 16 to24 oz every couple of day just to keep PH near 7.6 Pool is always crystal clear, except slight algae occasionally
FC-3 CC-.5 PH-7.8 TA-85 CYA-100 CH-975 I can never get it to stay in range Is this normal, or is there something I can do to correct the situation?

Hello JK! Welcome to TFP. You have the TF-100. Outstanding! :goodjob: From the looks of your readings, there are a few concerns.
- First issue is your CYA. Anytime your CYA approaches 90-100, it becomes almost unmanageable. Please look at the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart to make sure you understand that based on your current CYA, that's what your FC should be.
- We would typically recommend to anyone with a CYA that high to consider a partial drain (30-50%) if possible; that's the only way to lower CYA. It's best to adjust CYA FIRST before trying add any more chemicals or address any potential algae.
- Once CYA was lower, we would ask you to raise FC using regular liquid bleach; raise to match your new CYA based on the CYA chart above
- Make sure PH remains between 7.2-7.8 using muriatic acid.
- Yes, your CH is quite high, probably from your local water source.

Here are a few more links that we use at TFP all the time:
Poolmath calculator
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

If you have any more questions, just let us know. As my esposa would always say, bienvenidos!

Pat has covered all the bases, so I will just add a couple,of things.

You say your fill water is high CH but you use CalHypo to chlorinate. CalHypo adds calcium to the pool every time you use it. Due to your high CYA and high CH you have to switch to liquid chlorine of some sort.

A 100 on the CYA test just means it's 100 or higher. Mine tested 100 but after diluted tests I discovered it was over 200 (about 250 the best I can figure). Do a diluted test. Take equal parts pool water and tap water and mix them together well. Then use that as your pool water sample to mix with the CYA test reagent. Multiply the result by 2. Just understand, a diluted test doubles the error rate in the test, so it will not be exact.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.