Rental Pool doesn't register chlorine

I'll let others with more experience tell you about peristaltic pumps and their usage with containers.

As for the zinc balls, you could have electrically connected zinc in the pool itself, but you'll build up zinc ions in the water (you're already doing that with the zinc balls in the water). Basically you sacrifice the zinc to corrode instead of other metal.

If the soil isn't moist, then the zinc won't impart as much of a negative voltage on the bonding wire. It's the negative voltage that essentially increases the amount of energy needed for the metal to corrode. So electrically connecting the zinc to your pool metal and leaving the zinc in the water is still better than nothing, but if you start dissolving a lot of zinc you could eventually get zinc staining though it takes fairly high levels for that to occur (about 500 times higher than copper staining levels).

If the pool is properly bonded then there should be a bonding wire electrically connected to ALL metal in contact with the pool water. Of course, the pool might not be properly bonded. You can use a continuity tester to see what is electrically connected.

Thank you. I didn't realize they electrically bonded all copper pipe, but it does make sense. I'm thinking the bonding would be done at the pool,not the filter, so maybe one of the rings to delineate the shallow end would be tied in, or maybe I can just connect one to the main drain, and all will be connected. Unfortunately, I'll need to wait till the pool is drained to run this check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.