Hayward Super II Pump

Jun 30, 2013
Hello, I have a problem! I'm looking for the wise and knowledgable person to help with a wiring issue.

Problem is that I have said pump, but the 115/230V jumper broke into half a dozen pieces while working on it.

I don't know what the jumper was jumping. I'm on hold to Hayward now to get a replacement part but in the meantime I need to get the water moving.

I figure I can solder together a jumper but need to know what gets jumped as I didn't get a good look at the jumper set up before it crumbled.

Can anyone give me an idea? I need a 230V jumper setup. Attached are a couple pictures I scavenged from the internet.

My unit is Model C48L2N134B3. Serial 8E06. 1.5HP, SF1.0, 56J, 115/230V.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Answer received from Hayward, the guy was super helpful by the way...cap off the white (black stripe) wire and connect the solid black to the far right terminal.

The guy is sending me a plug free of charge from decommissioned units they have sitting in the lab.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments

• haywardCapture.jpg
    haywardCapture.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39
  • photo4_zps391de42d.jpg
    photo4_zps391de42d.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
For a 230v setting:

If you still have the white terminal strip base shown in the first pic, then...
Basically all you need to do is connect the free black wire with a connector to terminal 5, then disconnect and cap off the white with black trace wire.

1. The white with black trace will be disconnected.
This wire would be used to place the 2 halves of the main winding in parallel for 115v operation.

2. There should be a white wire clipped on the underside of terminal 3&4, that connects directly to L2 power in

3. The light blue is clipped on the underside terminal 1&2, connects directly to L1 power in terminal

4. The purple wire clipped under terminal 5 connects to the free black wire lead from motor stator.
Simply put, by connecting the purple and black wires, it places the 2 halves of the main winding in series for 230v operation.

http://www.inyopools.com/howtoimages/521/6181/2_capacitor%20circuit.gif?format=jpg&maxwidth=800

How To Replace the Terminal Board on an AO Smith Motor - INYOPools.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.