Trouble finding Intex SF20110 pump anywhere.

Jun 14, 2010
South Texas
Well, bone head move on my part has caused a disaster it would seem, but now I need some help.

When I tore down my old pool 2 years ago, the dog got hold of the power cord for my pump and chewed it off halfway. Well we now got another pool and I ended up wiring in a new cord to the pump to get it running.
This morning, it would seem the old skimmer shifting rand the pump dry, and not having a reset on the line to trip anymore, might have burned it up. I can hear something trip in the motor when switched on, but that is it. No Go, No Hum.

My problem is, I cant seem to find the replacement pump online. I don't even see it on Intex site.

Oh, and kicker is, I just received the bearings to replace on the motor shaft so it would stop sounding like my garbage disposer eating silverware.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Yeah, thanks for that. 1st place I checked, and no info on replacement pump only.

Now, an update. After leaving it sit for a bit, I hit the switch and I get a loud hum with no movement. I can spin the impeller by hand, so it's not bearings.
Is the consensus the motor is smoked? Or might there be a fix?

That model is discontinued however, it looks like all they really did was add the name "Krystal Clear" to the pumps and called it a new product.
The older models have that lovely Intex Blue plastic. I'm glad the switched to the grey.

This is what I've found so far......

The pump part number is SF20110 for item number 56671EG.

http://www.intexcorp.com/support/56671eg.html

On this page you'll find a tab for replacement parts and you'll find this.
600xNx15153.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yLjR5E8U2O.jpg

Pump is item number 33.

If you scroll down the page to the parts listing you can click on the item if it is in stock.
That link takes me here to the replacement pump.
http://www.intexcorp.com/11322eg.html

Intex wants $141.99 before shipping.

It is listed as being a 0.95hp motor. You might be able to find something similar.

I say if your skills allow it, try taking the control box apart and see if it is something internal on the circuity that can be replaced.
That is going to be a lot cheaper than swapping out the entire pump unit.

If it comes down to complete replacement of the pump you might consider replacing the entire pump/filter.
I have a slightly larger pool a 16'x48" at 5300 gallons than the pool listed in your signature.
I am using the
Intex Krystal Clear 2800gph Sand Filter Pump 28647EG (56673EG)
It's pump (a 0.75hp motor) is rated at a flowrate of 2,800 gph and a system flowrate of 2,150 gph.
This is similar to yours (a 0.95hp motor) of 2,650 gph and system flowrate of 2,200 gph.
The only other difference is about 33 pounds of sand and 2 inches in tank size.
Best price I've found so far is from VM Innovations through their eBay listing which are cheaper than their website.
$169.99 which also includes shipping.
Next best was Walmart at $174.99.
I like VM Innovations as they are who I got mine from and the shipping was very fast. I ordered it on a Monday morning and had it by Wednesday afternoon.

I let the motor sit for a few hours, and it did start up again, so I don't think I am completely boned.
Gonna do a bearing swap this weekend, so hopefully it will be good to go. Luckily I have a brand new 1600 GPH cartrige pump that came withthe pool to get me by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.