New Fiberglass pool installation in Missouri

lindamg

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Missouri
Installation is finally beginning after rainy weather delays this summer. The fiberglass pool is now in the ground and is in the process of being filled and leveled, with initial plumbing. I had a gunite pool a few years ago in Houston and maintained it with the methods used on this forum. So, I've had some experience, but am a little rusty, plus this is going to be a saltwater pool. I am still considering vacuum vs. robot cleaner.

Some progress, with a bit of rain in between; prepping for the concrete collar around the pool. The items on the far side of the pool are piers and plumbing for a water feature wall. Ready for the concrete pad for equipment in the back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Talk to us about the tile. I'm confused because it looks real but I also see the pool flexing upon installation (and I would expect it to) which to me would cause the tile and grout to crack.

I love the look.

I will comment as I am the builder of this pool. Yes it is a true ceramic tile, with a silicone grout that allows the grout to flex but not crack. We have not found any cracked tile from the flex.

Thanks for the details. Very helpful for my brain to get how it works. It certainly looks nice.

This is a Trilogy Pool, they have several different tile to choose from. This is the Emerald tile with the Stellar RS Hydrostone finish. Yes tile can be added onto existing fiberglass pools at any time. Surface prep is the key.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.