Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Fiberglass pool installation in Missouri

1. Back To Top    #1

New Fiberglass pool installation in Missouri

Installation is finally beginning after rainy weather delays this summer. The fiberglass pool is now in the ground and is in the process of being filled and leveled, with initial plumbing. I had a gunite pool a few years ago in Houston and maintained it with the methods used on this forum. So, I've had some experience, but am a little rusty, plus this is going to be a saltwater pool. I am still considering vacuum vs. robot cleaner.

Under installation: 43'8" x 16', 17,400 gal, Regulus Trilogy Fiberglass pool (IGP), Pentair 1.5 hp Superflo Pump, Pentair IC20 SWG, Pentair TR60 sand filter, TF-100, Speedstir,
    My Installation/Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Fiberglass pool installation in Missouri

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

This will shake off some rust, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

And my favorite saltwater page, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Yay, a new fiberglass pool! Exciting time, huh? We fiberglass pool owners are a bit of the minority here, but I love mine and am happy we went with it.

Welcome (back) to TFPC
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Just looked at the photos from your pool. That is very nice - plus a pool house!
    Under installation: 43'8" x 16', 17,400 gal, Regulus Trilogy Fiberglass pool (IGP), Pentair 1.5 hp Superflo Pump, Pentair IC20 SWG, Pentair TR60 sand filter, TF-100, Speedstir,
    My Installation/Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Brings back memories of my install. I think you'll find the FB coating very easy to maintain. Enjoy.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for the links pooldv.
    My Installation/Build

7. Back To Top    #7

I have had my Viking fiberglass pool for over 4 years and it looks just like new as well as being very easy to maintain. Have fun with yours.

8. Back To Top    #8

That is fun!

I like the tile around the edge. Never seen that.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

9. Back To Top    #9

Some progress, with a bit of rain in between; prepping for the concrete collar around the pool. The items on the far side of the pool are piers and plumbing for a water feature wall. Ready for the concrete pad for equipment in the back.

My Installation/Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh that is a nice pool! Love the shallow ledge at the end. Tell them to hurry up- you wanna swim!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

11. Back To Top    #11

Progress with concrete collar

My Installation/Build

12. Back To Top    #12

Very nice look!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Talk to us about the tile. I'm confused because it looks real but I also see the pool flexing upon installation (and I would expect it to) which to me would cause the tile and grout to crack.

I love the look.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

14. Back To Top    #14

Nice lookin' pool!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

I will comment as I am the builder of this pool. Yes it is a true ceramic tile, with a silicone grout that allows the grout to flex but not crack. We have not found any cracked tile from the flex.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

16. Back To Top    #16

Beautiful! We had a fiberglass pool installed this summer, and I wish I had known about the possibility of tile like that!

22K 16'x40' inground fiberglass pool, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand filter, Hayward dual speed 2 hp Super II Pump, Hayward AquaRite SWG, Raypak 400K btu propane heater, Dolphin Supreme M400 cleaning robot, CoverPool auto cover. Also stand-alone Sundance Hawthorne 430 gallon hot tub.

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by swimcmp View Post
    I will comment as I am the builder of this pool. Yes it is a true ceramic tile, with a silicone grout that allows the grout to flex but not crack. We have not found any cracked tile from the flex.
    Thanks for the details. Very helpful for my brain to get how it works. It certainly looks nice.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

18. Back To Top    #18

I hate to be the "rude" one in the bunch, if it is but, is it to tacky to ask an estimated finish price on something like this? Beautiful.
    24 Foot Round Doughboy/Sand Filter/ 13,000 Gallons

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Beautiful! We had a fiberglass pool installed this summer, and I wish I had known about the possibility of tile like that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can still add it!
    20K gal, IG Fiberglass "Lifetime Pittsburgh", 1 1/2 HP TriStar pump, 525 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPlus T-15 SWG, Dolphin Oasis z5 Robot

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

This is a Trilogy Pool, they have several different tile to choose from. This is the Emerald tile with the Stellar RS Hydrostone finish. Yes tile can be added onto existing fiberglass pools at any time. Surface prep is the key.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics