Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: List of equivalent pool cleaner models -- at last

1. Back To Top    #1

List of equivalent pool cleaner models -- at last

I've been researching pool cleaners for a few days, and it seems like Dolphin/Maytronics is particularly fond of licensing "exclusive" models to particular stores. I was talking to a Maytronics customer service person who told me that the Dolphin Triton is pretty much the same as the much-hyped Premier, and it's a couple hundred dollars less. Other companies also do the multiple names/colors/labels on what is essentially the same model.

Now I found a handy chart of some of these twins: http://www.sunplay.com/blog/the-trut...t-telling-you/

Eva
    Eva in Tucson, 9800 gallons IG, under full roof, also with vinyl cover, pebblefina, Pentair 1 HP pump, Pentair 320 sq ft cartridge, Aquacomfort 1150 heat pump, ozonator, Maytronics Dolphin Triton robot. Brand New June 22, 2015!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: List of equivalent pool cleaner models -- at last

Yup,
    it can sure get confusing can't it.

Nice work on sorting it out.

This will be hand for quite a few folks, I suspect.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: List of equivalent pool cleaner models -- at last

Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    I've been researching pool cleaners for a few days, and it seems like Dolphin/Maytronics is particularly fond of licensing "exclusive" models to particular stores. I was talking to a Maytronics customer service person who told me that the Dolphin Triton is pretty much the same as the much-hyped Premier, and it's a couple hundred dollars less. Other companies also do the multiple names/colors/labels on what is essentially the same model.

Now I found a handy chart of some of these twins: http://www.sunplay.com/blog/the-trut...t-telling-you/

Eva
    Thanks so much for this list!! I was looking at a Dolphin DX4 that was priced at $839, but after realizing that the Dolphin Neptune Plus is the same thing, I googled it & found it for $689!! Only difference (besides the color) is that the DX4 comes with a remote, but no caddy & the Neptune comes with a caddy, but no remote.
    15,000 gal kidney-shape IG gunite, PAC-FAB Triton TR60 sand filter, PAC-FAB Challenger 1 hp pump (single-speed 3450 RPM), Praher 1.5" SM 10-3 Multi-port Valve, Polaris 380 with booster pump.