Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner users: when do you refill your tank

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner users: when do you refill your tank

Hello all. I just started using a Stenner pump with a 15 gallon tank. When do you refill your tank, when it is almost empty, half full or top it off every few days?
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner users: when do you refill your tank

I was waiting til half to 1/4 left. The other day I waited till almost empty because I wanted to see if any residual on bottom of tank. Glad to report after 45 days nothing on bottom and refilled up. I guess the only downfall of waiting so long is the bleach may loose % after being in heat so long even though my equipment area is covered by a sail to keep the sun off. I will say the gallon that was left in tank was still yellow and smelled of bleach!
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

i don't think it matters. I fill it whenever I think about it.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I add about 6-7 gallons at a time, so whenever it looks about half full, I bring the level back up. I figure a mixture of old and new bleach will keep the chlorine level consistent over time and I won't have to fiddle with my timer settings much. I'm adding bleach to the container about every 2 weeks. Seems to be working fine.
    20x40 in-ground Bella Blue Pebble Fina pool w/diving board, 1 HP Hayward Superpump, Raypak RP2100 335k BTU NG mV heater, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair 261173 multi-port valve, Stenner 45MPHP10 pump w/15 gal tank, Intermatic ET1125CR dual electronic timer, 1.5" lines, two skimmers w/socks, Poolskim, vacuum line, ColorQ Pro 7 kit, TF-100 kit, speedstir, 2 froglogs, Dolphin Discovery Robot. Wine is the answer, what was the question?

5. Back To Top    #5

I wait until there is about 2-3 gallons remaining and then refill.

Gary
    20,000 gal IG Plaster Irregular Shaped Pool (1987), Hayward SP3400VSP Ecostar Pump, Hayward Pro-Grid 60 SqFt DE Filter, Hayward Pool-Vac Ultra, TF100, Speed Stir, Stenner Pump & 15 Gallon Tank, Oasis Z5, and LA Spas H.E.E.T Model

6. Back To Top    #6

When I notice the chlorine level go to zero...I'm so used to the chlorine staying spot on, I've run out the tank twice this summer.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.