Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jagular

1. Back To Top    #1

montgomery, al

hello! i have been lurking and reading the site and decided to jump in! in april of 2013 we installed a 24foot round pool 52" deep uniformly. i don't have the details on the pump and sand filter, but will post it later. it also was plumbed in with a Frog system(just a built inline place to add chlorine tabs and has mineral cartridge). it came with test strips so that is the method of testing i have been using. i am happy to be here
    24' x 52" round above ground. Speckpump A91 1 1/2 hp motor, Waterco sand filter 60gpm. Hayward Aquabug auto vacuum. using test strips

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: jagular

Welcome, and be advised we do not recommend use of the frog system or those inaccurate strips.. But we DO recommend a good test kit as we list in Pool School.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP. As Woody has already mentioned... do not use the mineral packs unless you'd like to stain your beautiful brand new liner.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Good stuff here: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    East of Royals country western MO

Welcome to TFP, Jagular What Casey said about what Woodyp said !!

Seriously though, that's number #1 to using the TFP method, A GOOD test kit.

Plain old bleach or liquid chlorine, it's about adding what your pool needs and not all the unwanted extras that things such as tabs add.

Follow their advice and you have the pool everyone wants to swim in

- - - Updated - - -

plus what pooldv said
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir