Kapt

Kapt

Aug 5, 2015
PASCO
Hi everyone,
Looking at moving from one home to another and seriously considering trying to get a pool in the next one. My main reason for joining the forum, besides if I do get one I am sure I will need tons of help learning how to maintain it, is I prefer to look at foreclosed homes and I have looked at a few and can't for the life of me tell what type of inground pool they would be and try to figure out what the costs associated to repair it would be. Called around locally but no one will do an inspection on a foreclosed home pool without charging me so I am hoping I can get some ball park figures just to see if the home is worth looking at in more depth.
Thanks!

Thanks woodyp. I will definitely get the pool inspected once I get more interested in the home but I don't want to spend $100+ on an inspection if a quick glance should tell someone that it will cost $15k+ to repair which would stop me from even considering the house at all if that makes sense?

Welcome to TFP!

Please update your location so people know where you are, they might have more specific info for you. Different regions more often install one type of pool over another, vinyl vs plaster, etc.

The two best novice things to look for are is it holding water and does it look level and structurally sound. But, again that depends where you are as to how people close pools in your location. Some areas lower water level more than others. Some leave them full and cover.

Spend the 100 or so for an inspection... It could cost you thousands or save you!

Welcome!