Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kapt

1. Back To Top    #1

Kapt

Hi everyone,
    Looking at moving from one home to another and seriously considering trying to get a pool in the next one. My main reason for joining the forum, besides if I do get one I am sure I will need tons of help learning how to maintain it, is I prefer to look at foreclosed homes and I have looked at a few and can't for the life of me tell what type of inground pool they would be and try to figure out what the costs associated to repair it would be. Called around locally but no one will do an inspection on a foreclosed home pool without charging me so I am hoping I can get some ball park figures just to see if the home is worth looking at in more depth.
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kapt

Welcome. If the house is one you're definitely interested in, I'd certainly think it would be worth it to have someone qualified to inspect that pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks woodyp. I will definitely get the pool inspected once I get more interested in the home but I don't want to spend $100+ on an inspection if a quick glance should tell someone that it will cost $15k+ to repair which would stop me from even considering the house at all if that makes sense?

4. Back To Top    #4

A hundred bucks is pretty cheap if that quick glance is from somebody who knows what they're looking at and talking about!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

Please update your location so people know where you are, they might have more specific info for you. Different regions more often install one type of pool over another, vinyl vs plaster, etc.

The two best novice things to look for are is it holding water and does it look level and structurally sound. But, again that depends where you are as to how people close pools in your location. Some areas lower water level more than others. Some leave them full and cover.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Spend the 100 or so for an inspection... It could cost you thousands or save you!

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter