My neighbor pointed me to this fantastic site for which I am grateful for. I inherited a pool about a little while ago, went through a shocking process when I found some algee, and now I have tested with my very own test kit for the first time. Below is what I have:
FC - 9.5 (Assuming still high from the shock)
PH - 7.6
TA - 120
CH - 875
CYA - 200 (Used 50% pool water, 50% hose water, multiplyied by 2)
Water readings off the Charts at Leslies...
I have tons of questions I hope you nice folks don't mind answering
1. Concerned about CH, I know there is not a magic chemical to reduce this but can I live with this without draning?
-hose fill water measure 250ppm
2. CYA incredibly high
-will this reduce over time?
-does this have to do with the Muriatic acid I poured into my pool from the shock?
-can I live with this without draining?
-during the shock process phosphorous remover was also added, did that cause CYA to go up?
3. TDS measured 2600 at Leslies, Does my Taylor Test Kit measure TDS or Phosphates?
4. I have a Pebble Tech surface - should I use a metal big brush instead of nylon?
Please advise, not sure if draining or reverse osmosis is my only option.