Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baptism by Fire.

1. Back To Top    #1

Baptism by Fire.

So not even two weeks old, our pool had a crazy bad storm the other night. I was all excited because I received my TF-100 kit and was able to see where I was at chemistry wise.

Locally, we got 2.10" of rain. My pool was full of leaves, dust, and debris.

I've spent the last couple days trying to re-balance everything. I'm so thankful for this forum, pool school, and the search function!
    21' Revelation AGP ~10,500 gal, Pentair SD60 Sand Filter w/ 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump, TF-100 Kit
    Installed 07/25/2015 with city water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baptism by Fire.

This has been a bad year for storms on our pools. I think I have drained more water than ever this year. Usually by now I'm adding water.

Hopefully you can get all the junk out of the pool and not have to SLam your pool.

Sounds like you are in control, great job on the TF100. It makes pool owning so easy. Let us know how it works out,.....oh...... and Welcome to TFP
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Lefty51. Hope the Royals can do something here in the 9th!
    21' Revelation AGP ~10,500 gal, Pentair SD60 Sand Filter w/ 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump, TF-100 Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zombiejeep View Post
    Thanks Lefty51. Hope the Royals can do something here in the 9th!
    I see your doing exactly what I'm doing

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be glad when Nebraska Gordo gets back
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Just think of how much the pool store would sell you to fix it!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Amen on the poolstore
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

So not even two weeks old, our pool had a crazy bad storm the other night. I was all excited because I received my TF-100 kit and was able to see where I was at chemistry wise.

Locally, we got 2.10" of rain. My pool was full of leaves, dust, and debris.

I've spent the last couple days trying to re-balance everything. I'm so thankful for this forum, pool school, and the search function!
    2" in a 21' round pool is roughly 400 gallons (per pool math), or about 4% of your pool's water volume.

What levels were you struggling with for two days? That 4% addition of water really should not have made much of a difference in ppm levels, and if your FC is at or above target for your CYA, & you removed the debris quickly it should have not been an issue that couldn't have been resolved that same day.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

More rain in the forecast this week and weekend. I'll do some more testing today after work. It's pretty cloudy today, it'll be interesting to see what my chlorine levels are. I hear ya on the pool store comments!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by domct203 View Post
    2" in a 21' round pool is roughly 400 gallons (per pool math), or about 4% of your pool's water volume.

What levels were you struggling with for two days? That 4% addition of water really should not have made much of a difference in ppm levels, and if your FC is at or above target for your CYA, & you removed the debris quickly it should have not been an issue that couldn't have been resolved that same day.

Dom
    After initial fill, my CYA was low, and my FC was low as well. 0 at one point. it was dropping very fast. I'm getting there, it's just a slow process for me during the week.

10. Back To Top    #10

If you have any of those tabs and your sure CYA is low, now would be a good time to use them up, especially if you'll be away for the day

P.S- royals are playing right now
    TF-100 with speedstir

11. Back To Top    #11

Yep, all tied up! I watch every game I can. Been a fan since I was a kid in the '70s. Through the good and bad. and bad. and bad. and good again.

12. Back To Top    #12

Yep, all tied up! I watch every game I can. Been a fan since I was a kid in the '70s. Through the good and bad. and bad. and bad. and good again.

Oh Madsen
    TF-100 with speedstir

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lefty51 View Post
    If you have any of those tabs and your sure CYA is low, now would be a good time to use them up, especially if you'll be away for the day

P.S- royals are playing right now
    +1, great use for pucks!

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!