Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace Aquapure 1400 with ???

1. Back To Top    #1

Frisco, TX

Replace Aquapure 1400 with ???

I'm preparing for the inevitable failure of the cell on my Aquapure 1400. Are there any better alternatives out there if I decide to go with a different system? My frustrations with the Aquapure center around the repeated failure of the flow sensor. I think I've gone through 3 of them in the last 4 years. Would it be cost effective to replace the whole system (are there any better out there)? Is it a major project to switch to another manufacturer?

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Replace Aquapure 1400 with ???

I would look into the newest flow sensor design before switching brands if you only need to replace the sensor when it is time. I have not seen any reports here on TFP with a failed sensor of the new design.

I made the switch from the Aquapure to the Hayward AquaRite a couple months ago when my cell and sensor died. Like you, I had many problems with the sensors and went through 2 cells and 4 sensors in 5 years. The last cell and sensor were out of warranty so I would have needed to replace them at my cost. At that time I had not heard of the new sensor design and I was completely frustrated with the Aquapure so I made the switch to Hayward. Another factor for the switch was the flow rate on the Hayward is only 15 GPM while the Aquapure is 30 GPM and with my 2 speed motor and solar I had flow issues on low speed.

So far I'm satisfied with Hayward and I know about the current limiter issue they have with their boards, but I have a 3 year warranty and I can easily replace the limiter if I ever need to.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process