Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help Removing Jet Fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help Removing Jet Fittings

Hi all, new here. I'm trying to attach an aerator to my pool to cool it down. My problem is I can't figure out how to unscrew my jet fittings - they're flush with the wall with 2 little plastic notches sticking out. I'm afraid a screwdriver will break the notch off, is there a tool for this? Any advice is appreciated, thank you in advance! Pics below:

Jet 1:

Jet 2:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Help Removing Jet Fittings

Hey Jody. Might try some channel locks on it.

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

3. Back To Top    #3

You may need something like this tool to unscrew the fitting.

Amazon.com : G Garden
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. Those are flush with the wall - channel locks or pliers will not work. I tried turning those raised notches gently with a screwdriver and my fingers and they aren't budging. They've been in that wall since 2006 and are brittle - they're chipping off with any sort of pressure. I'll just call a company to come replace these things with normal jet fittings. Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

I got mine with a pair of needle nose pliers.

16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit