First pool, how long to run the SWG each day?

Hi!

We just put our pool up, finished filling yesterday. I want to know how long does everyone run their SWG each day for a pool with about 13,200 gals of water? How about the filter? How long should that be running?

I've tested the water and here are my results

FC-4.5
C-0
PH-7.2
TA-90
CH-60

I know i need to adjust the PH and TA, could you please help me get these numbers to where they should be! Thanks!

PH is OK and TA is fine. Maintain your PH between 7.2 and 7.8 and let your TA be what it wants to be, it is close enough to in-range.

What is your CYA level? That determines your target chlorine level on the Chlorine CYA Chart. It will take some experimenting to figure out run time and percentage. I'm at 60% and 8 or 9 hours right now. With 70 CYA and FC target of 9. And of course it is HOT and sunny here right now and we swim every day.

This is a great page to read, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Reactions: JW1
Don't know the CYA yet, as we just filled the pool yesterday and there was none in the water, but I did add about 5lbs of CYA yesterday, via sock at the return. It was all dissolved by lunch today. So I guess next Tuesday I will know where it's at. But I'm thinking I need to add more cya.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Poolmath is your friend. At the bottom is a section called Effects of adding chemicals. It says that 80oz will raise CYA 44 in 13, 600 gallons. That is a good CYA number for your location. Assume it is in there and chlorinate accordingly. Chlorine CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.