Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy LRZ400EN Heater turns off unexpectedly

1. Back To Top    #1

Cresskill, NJ

Jandy LRZ400EN Heater turns off unexpectedly

I have a Jandy LRZ40EN heater on my pool. I've had issues with keeping the heater running until it reached the desired water temperature. On most occasions, the heater will initially turn on, but after a short while, it will turn off and not go back on. I've recently replaced the Flame Sensor -- so I know that's not the issue. I don't see any error messages on the heater and our water temperature sensors are reading the correct temperatures. If I open up the heating unit and wiggle random wires (I know --not the most scientific thing to do) -- the unit starts back up. Go figure!! Anyone have some thoughts on what this could be? Is it the pressure switch? Any troubleshooting advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.
    2012 built kidney shape, IG, plaster approx 30,000 gallons. SWG system with a DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy LRZ400EN Heater turns off unexpectedly

Sounds like you need to go thru the wiring to see if something is loose.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3

Plano, TX

Re: Jandy LRZ400EN Heater turns off unexpectedly

I would say it's low gas pressure or flame sensor but you would get an error code with either of those. If it is a loose connection, good luck finding that!
    Curtis- 20k gallon IG gunnite/plaster with hot tub/waterfall and "grotto"
    All Jandy equipment: 60sqft DE filter - 399k btu natural gas heater - Stealth pumps - iAquaLink RS8.
    Polaris 9400 on patrol.
    TF-100 in da house/TFP method in effect: FC=4-6, pH=7.5, TA=80, CH=250, CYA=50, Borate=50, CSI=-0.21