Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What the TFP Method Has Done to Me

1. Back To Top    #1

What the TFP Method Has Done to Me

1) Put me well on the road to being a "pool snob."
    2) Put me in charge of the chemicals in my pool and although not perfect yet, I have the tools and the knowledge to get there.
    3. Just went outside to check things, test, etc., and noticed the pump was running, but no water was flowing. Did I panic? A little. Then I shut off the pump and started researching what could be wrong and texted the fiance we may have a moderate pool issue here. Taking the simplest possible fix, I primed the pump with water in the basket filter area, did a little magic pump dance (quickly), and turned the pump on. It worked.

Fiance is planning to take it apart this weekend because I think the shaft seal needs replacing, it has been leaking a little for a while, and he is more of a mechanical fix-it guy than I am. I am planning on using the breaker-off period to get into the big filter and rinse out the cartridges and get familiar with it. It was cleaned well in June by the pool guy friend, but now I want a crack at it..

See? A little knowledge, a vast potential knowledge source at my back, and a little confidence. Look what you all did...
    ~11,250 gallon, in ground, Pebble-Tec finish, Hayward SwimClear cartridge filter, Hayward Super II pump, Hayward bottom vacuum NaviGator (I call him Fred), waterfall feature, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What the TFP Method Has Done to Me

Feels great doesn't it, to be in control?
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah,
    its a curse I tell ya! A curse!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

HA! Good stuff!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

TYBP

6. Back To Top    #6

Ditto!
    21' Revelation AGP ~10,500 gal, Pentair SD60 Sand Filter w/ 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump, TF-100 Kit
    Installed 07/25/2015 with city water.