Upgrading pool equip

John.d

Aug 4, 2015
Pa
First, thank you for all of the insight I've learned so far using this board. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration as a first time pool owner.

I have a 20 some year old pool in need of a restoration. I have a contractor doing the tile, coping, and plaster. While we're at it, we plan to fix broken lights and replace our Jandy PDA.

The deep end light is an Anthony Model 30 - looks to be a 10" light that is no longer manufactured. Any experience with a suitable replacement to fit in the niche?
The spa is a smaller - maybe 6" light but cord is too short to get out to find exact model number. I'm sure it's a smaller version of the same

Finally, has anyone upgraded from their Jandy PDA? I can never find the thing and the lag/boot up time are frustrating at best. What are my options to easily replace this with a wall unit?

I appreciate your help

Hi John,
Welcome to TFP.

I would recommend talking to your contractor. He will probably know best what a replacement would be. It may be that the hole in the gunite might need to be enlarged or what have you, and how to get the Electrical conduit connected to it. Im sure folks who remodel pools have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve.

Maybe someone here on TFP has had this done and will chime in too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.