Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Landscaping Your AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Landscaping Your AGP

Guys,

Would love to see pictures of your successes in decking or landscaping your above ground pools. I have taken a look in the pictures section but most seem to be of in-ground pools.

Would appreciate some inspiration

Thanks in advance
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (8403 gallons). Intex SandFilter SF20220R (10030 liters/hr (2650 gallons/hr)) with glass media , Geobubble Sol Guard 500 Cover, 4x Athena Sun Domes

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Landscaping Your AGP

Check out this thread it has some good ideas.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Cool, Thanks. Not sure how I missed that!!
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (8403 gallons). Intex SandFilter SF20220R (10030 liters/hr (2650 gallons/hr)) with glass media , Geobubble Sol Guard 500 Cover, 4x Athena Sun Domes

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Here is what we did for a deck....

26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install - Page 2

My BIL built it for us. We built above the pool to leave room for movement. Approximate size is 12x16'. Still need to complete the landscaping around the pool. Might put a small patio type area out of pavers near the bottom of the steps.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's what we did. Yard slopes hard away from house. No level spots in back yard.
    pool and patio comp.jpg
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here is what we did on a slope:
    28ft Doughboy AG 18,000 Gallons installed July 2014 / Pentair SD60 Sand Filter / Baracuda Ranger Vacuum / Pentair Aqualuminator / TF100 Test Kit / Hot Springs Envoy Hot Tub
    My Build: 28 ft Doughboy install w/stamped patio FINALLY complete-LOTS OF PICS :)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by aboykin2269 View Post
    Here's what we did. Yard slopes hard away from house. No level spots in back yard.
    pool and patio comp.jpg
    what kind of ladder is that and do you have any issues with it moving or is it stable?
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

8. Back To Top    #8

Pretty sure that is a Confer 7200 ladder. Ours is not very stable, but we don't have it strapped like aboykin appears to have. I'll be interested to know this as well.
    21' Revelation AGP ~10,500 gal, Pentair SD60 Sand Filter w/ 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump, TF-100 Kit
    Installed 07/25/2015 with city water.

9. Back To Top    #9

My ABG has a border of egg rock around it, that we sit plants and "decorations" on. Most of the plants come inside for the winter - they would not live in NJ winters (jade trees, bottle palms, aloes, etc.)

My deck goes a bit more than a 1/4 of the way around the pool. The shade structure on the deck is bolted to the deck and stays up all year, the fabric comes off for the winter though. The deck sits just under the top rail.

The filter is hard piped and the skimmer and return are under the deck. The filter itself sits just under the edge of the deck for easy access. It gets removed during the winter and lives in the shed.

The pool sort of sits in the middle of the yard like an island (where it is sunny most of the day)

Detail of deck, rock, and plants - yeah I prop the child gate open - my entire yard is fenced as well and has a auto closing child proof gate too (that we keep closed). We close the gate on the pool when we have small children over the house, our youngest is 10 and can open that gate anyway. You can just see the filter skimmer on the left hand side under the deck.

And that is where the filter lives

You can see how much of the pool has deck around it. the deck goes back to where the floats are all stacked up Pardon my dead grass - we have had almost no rain here.

27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
    what kind of ladder is that and do you have any issues with it moving or is it stable?
    zombie is correct. Confer 7200. They are really made for hard walled AGP's so they can be bolted to the top of the frame. Ours, however, I just used some bungee cords to strap it to the support polls. It's not 100% stable, but close. My Honey climbs in and out with no problems and she just had her shoulder replaced last month. The only problem with the bungee's is it has to go all the way against the wall on the outside, thus eliminating the "swim through" barriers built onto the back of the inside pool side steps. We don't have children, so that lack of safety device does not bother me.

We LOVE the steps. They are WAY WAY better than the intex type that came with the pool. The platform on the top is awesome. Plus you can roll a cover down over the steps and pad lock it for extra security for any kids that may happen into your back yard when you are not around.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really nice looking set up phonedave!
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by aboykin2269 View Post
    .....They are really made for hard walled AGP's so they can be bolted to the top of the frame.....
    I did not know this. I must read about this. Ours came pre assembled and the builder just put in in the pool and said we could move it where we wanted to.
    21' Revelation AGP ~10,500 gal, Pentair SD60 Sand Filter w/ 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump, TF-100 Kit
    Installed 07/25/2015 with city water.

12. Back To Top    #12

I do not have room to plant them and they do have to be brought in for winter also, however you get the idea.

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

13. Back To Top    #13

That's a really nice looking set up phonedave![/QUOTE]

Thanks. At think at last count, I have brought 6 yards of rock (a half yard at a time for the most part) into that yard. Between egg rock around the pool, pea gravel under the swings, 3/4" clean in the drainage swale, and eastern sunrise in the garden bed area it is starting to look like a landscape supply demonstration area.

I could haul a yard of stone in my trailer - by volume. However I have done it a few times, with both stone and topsoil, and it scares me to death. It is over the weight limit on the axle, and if that thing goes, well I don't want to think about it. The landscape yard is only 3 miles away, and sells 1/2 yards for no extra fee, so I can make multiple trips. It's three years to get it to that point.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
    I do not have room to plant them and they do have to be brought in for winter also, however you get the idea.

John
    What a very nice and compact hard sided above ground pool. I love how you set this up.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by zombiejeep View Post
    Pretty sure that is a Confer 7200 ladder. Ours is not very stable, but we don't have it strapped like aboykin appears to have. I'll be interested to know this as well.
    I have the same ladder and it is very stable. The outside is buried about 6 inches do that helps.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

16. Back To Top    #16

Thank you. I will look into the Confer 7200 mainly for child safety, I have a 1yr old. I'm sure it's so much better than what intex provided as a ladder.
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    What a very nice and compact hard sided above ground pool. I love how you set this up.

Thanks Casey, we are very pleased with it so far.

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
    Thanks Casey, we are very pleased with it so far.

John
    You are very welcome.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

19. Back To Top    #19

Some great pics here, Thanks guys.

It gives me some inspiration for when I start to landscape

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by WBChunks View Post
    Guys,

Would love to see pictures of your successes in decking or landscaping your above ground pools. I have taken a look in the pictures section but most seem to be of in-ground pools.

Would appreciate some inspiration

Thanks in advance
    Mine is a small 9x18 inch pool but wapool2.jpg20150809_200931.jpgpool3.jpgnted to be sure we would actually use it before upgrading. We have a small backyard but have made the most of it and we use it every day!! May upgrade to a slightly larger pool next year. Not fancy but boy do we enjoy it in these hot months!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast