Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic Valve Actuator

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic Valve Actuator

If the actuator is mounted vertical, can water enter through the back where it mounts to valve, and into the actuator?
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Jandy Automation /w IAqualink
    Autopilot SWG
    Jandy 2.0 HP VSP, Filter Cartridge
    Taylor (FAS-DPD K-2600, Pool Surface: Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic Valve Actuator

Both the Jandy and Intermatic actuators have 3 O-rings on the shaft according to their manuals. I think they are made by the same factory. The Jandy manual says:

The JVA has three seals which should be lubricated once a year. One o-ring is located on the bottom of the actuator where the plastic shaft exits the housing and two (2) O-rings located in the top cover near where the shaft exits the top of the housing.

I have one of my 3 actuators mounted vertically and never had a problem with water intrusion, but I live in SoCal and don't get that much rain.
    20' x 40' 30,000 gallon IG Plaster with Spa, wading pool, fountain built 1993
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo / 2HP fountain pump / 2 HP spa jet punp / Jandy Ji8000 controller with IntelliComm II interface to IntelliFlo
    Crystal Water Aqua Clean 60 Sq ft DE filter / FlowVis Flow / Stenner DIY Chlorinator / The Poolcleaner 4-wheel / Taylor K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intermatic Valve Actuator

Thanks, here in Florida plenty of rain, i thought it might be the cover gasket, but that looks fine its only 3 months old. There is not alot of water, could also be lubricant running down...
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Jandy Automation /w IAqualink
    Autopilot SWG
    Jandy 2.0 HP VSP, Filter Cartridge
    Taylor (FAS-DPD K-2600, Pool Surface: Plaster