Hayward SP0735 ball valve

Ram85

Aug 4, 2015
Pennsylvania
I just built a used Kayak pool this weekend. Its about 20 yrs old I think. I bought new walls, floor drain, gaskets for skimmer/retur and a liner. Everything seemed to go OK and the pool went up without issues (after a LOT of work). I have a Hayward SP0735 4-way ball valve that connects the skimmer and bottom drain to the pump/filter. I have the ball valve set to closed but water is still coming out of the floor drain and into the filter while filling the pool. The pool is about 1/2 full now. The drain pipe sits below the water level so obviously gravity plays a part here but I would expect that when I close the valve, there should be no flow coming from the drain. Is it safe to assume I have a faulty ball valve or is it some kind of issue with the ball valve not withstanding the pressure from the water trying to gravity feed into the filter?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP. I can't answer, although I would like to congratulate you on your new pool build. Please do post some pictures once you get it completed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.